Friday, November 28, 2008

Thankful

I was so busy trying to get a storyline with pictures of our Turkey day that by the time I got to saying what I was thankful for, I was sooo tired and went to bed.

I kept reminding myself in the middle of Cole's tantrums yesterday that despite this moment, I am blessed to have him in my life. I was thinking of life before baby. I almost can't remember. Then I think that I can look back at pictures but it seems that my interest in photography did not really show itself until I had Cole. Perhaps it's the subject, he is a cutie pie! (Says the mother, I know, I know.)

Anyway, back to the point ADD girl....

So I stumbled on my pictures of Christmas 2006 when I was huge: I was 7 months pregnant. Here's a pic in case you're wondering:
I was thankful that I had him. I was thankful that I nursed him. I was thankful that He chose us for him.

Today, though it's not Thanksgiving, I am thankful that Cole says "Sorry Mama" to me like 30 times a day. I have no clue if he knows what it means but if I have scolded him and after he has calmed down, he will sometimes come up to me and apologize.

I am also thankful for Will. What in the world would I do without him? Just now he bathed Cole and dressed him and put him to bed so I can work on some designs. Now, it just so happens that I got side-tracked and ended up blogging. But hey, this is for a good cause too.

Did you know that in November, Will and I celebrated our 6th year of marriage and our 13th year together? Crazy how time flies. In just a few short years I'll be able to say that I have been in love with him half my life. I would tell you the exact years but I failed math, a lot, so I decided that if it was important enough you'll tell me.

I am thankful for my family and for being able to live so close by. I love the chaos of family and friends. I love when my house is a mess: it just means there have been some busy bodies there. It's like that picture you see of yourself and you think it says so much about how you were really feeling. I mean the joy pictures, where the life and happiness jumps off the page at you. I remeber this day and I used to have this picture in a frame and everytime my sister saw she said I was glowing. I was thankful, and whoever took that picture captured that feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails