Friday, January 30, 2009

Sometimes....(sigh)

There are moments of mommyhood that just take my breath away. There's the giggle he makes when I throw marshmallows in the air, the way he says "tinky feet", morning stretches, "movie time" demands, random kisses, pat-pat, waking up to his sleepy smiley face, big eyes, small face, and even the way he whines for me to "carry you"... they take my breath away.

But sometimes, his bon-bon (lollipop) tantrums, spitting food out of his mouth and hurling it across the room, fighting with his cousin, hitting the dogs with a stick, well,... sometimes they take my breath away too. They take my breath away to another room where I can count to ten and compose myself.

That was tonight. After countless times of counting to ten, I finally decided that Cole needed to go into the other room and compose himself. He composed himself right to sleep. Finally, I can cuddle up and baby my husband, who by the way is recovering from a tonsilectomy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails