Wednesday, June 24, 2009

tick tock

There were many reasons why we decided to put Cole in school. The first, for social interaction, the second, so I can get a few hours of uninterrupted work done. Now I don't know what to do with myself. I get up and get my purse about 20 times because I want to go and "peek" in on him at school. Then, I put it down, will myself to wait, and then just stand there. Where do I start? I sit, I turn the monitor back on, and then I stare. Cant' remember where I left off. I miss him terribly.

I am not making very good use of my time without him and I hope that changes soon. It has to right? It is just the cutest thing to see your little baby playing with other kiddos, sitting at a table eating his snack, curled up in one of the teacher's laps....if there were chairs for the stalking parents I would probably stay there all day. But after a while your neck starts hurting from having to crouch to peek in between the sill and the curtain that you have to leave. Then there's the constant bobbing up and down when your child moves in the direction of the window. It sounds crazy, I know, but I assure you that I am not the only parent that does this. In fact, they practically all do. You can tell the 2 year old class, it's the one that has lingering parents all day. Actually, there are two classes but it seems Cole's class has the neurotic parents. Did they peg us at registration?

Anyway, the mommies and daddies all know each other now, we are a team.
"S is looking this way E, duck!"
"You can look J, she turned away."
"It's ok, N has stopped crying, you can relax a little."
"Is Cole still crying?"

Super funny stuff. I am actually only blogging because I am watching the clock tick by before I pick up Cole. tick tock, tick tock....

Oh fuck it, I'll just linger and watch. Why not, all the other parent's are doing it???? See you there honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails