Monday, July 27, 2009

potty training progress

I was so discouraged on Friday with potty training. I think we went through 9 clothes changes and by the end of the night I was at my wits end. It seemed that Punky was taking a step backwards. He had being doing so good, although poop has always been and continues to be a challenge.

This was also the day that I had spoken with Melissa Rodriquez (yes-that fabulous photographer) who has a child about the same age as Cole. We were talking potty training and I was amazed to find that her daughter was no longer wearing diapers at night. My sister was doing that with Kani but he's gifted and surely I can't expect that from Cole, who truly doesn't mind walking around with a load in his pants. I was inspired by Melissa.

I called Will after I left Melissa's office and of course I posted it to the world on Facebook that I was tossing the diapers. Little did I know what the day had in store for me. Like I mentioned before, lots of clothes changes and some refrain on my part.

Though I was tempted to throw a diaper on him for the night and just start the following day, I took a deep breath, said a little prayer, and put him in his chones (spanish slang for underwear). He went more than 24 hours without an accident! My faith in potty training Punky was restored!

I am looking forward to another week full of itty bitty little laundry loads!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails