Wednesday, August 5, 2009

99 bottles of milk

In an attempt to soothe a hysterical Cole to sleep - he was hysterical that I was not going to sleep in the bed with him - I asked him if he wanted me to sing him a song. Much to my chagrin, he said "yes".

The only song that came to my mind was the "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall". Sad, sad, I know but I just thought I had butchered "Twinkle Twinkle" and Barney's "I Love You" much to many times and frankly, I needed a change. So before I could stop myself, I began singing:

99 bottles of milk on the wall, 99 bottles of milk, if one of those bottles should happen to fall, it's 98 bottles of milk on the wall...98 bottles of milk, if one of those bottles should happen to fall.....

Nevermind that I changed the lyrics without even realizing it until I googled them just now, I fell asleep 3 times only to be awoken by a sweet little voice requesting that I sing it "again".

P.S. Sorry if you will be singing this song now throughout the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails