Monday, March 21, 2011

Roll over.

Ellie rolled over yesterday! Twice! At 2 months, 1 day. She only does it when she's really really mad and crying though. Which lately has been quite a lot. She's a little congested and I think that has been the cause. We see the Dr. again tomorrow. Another 2 hour wait. Lovely.

She's 8 weeks old and it seems that the 6 week mark was when things really started happening. She has started in with cat naps. My least favorite part of it all. It totally sucks. Just when I get in the groove of things she wakes. But she smiles a whole lot! It's so cute! I love  it how happy she gets when she sees me. She has started sleeping in 6 hour stretches. Well, one 6 hour stretch. But she's a late sleeper. We can usually get her to sleep until 9. Sometimes 10. I don't know what I would do without our swing. Always bought me 2 extra hours of sleep in the morning with Cole too. It's awesome!

I can't believe how big she is. Now when I pick her up she doesn't seem so delicate. She's sturdier now. Bittersweet. Can't wait to talk to her in a year or two but I miss the cuddly little newborn stage. You know the one. The one where they sleep 18 hours of the day and nurse or poop the rest.

Also, got the weirdest visit from my aunt. Super weird because I am exclusively nursing. Not a single missed feeding. Ever. So why the visit? I kinda totally feel cheated.

Work is getting increasingly more difficult now. I'm throwing a few ideas around but waiting to see what the next month will bring. They change so much and i am not sure if it's an irritated throat or tummy or just  her age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails