Thursday, July 31, 2008

I've been a bad bad girl...

Will is out of town this week and I did a bad, bad thing. I went shopping, a lot. I haven't shopped like that in a while. It was so much fun at first but then I started feeling queasy as I made my way to the checkout. Cole was getting a little anxious, we had been there since dinner time and it was past his bedtime already. When had I fed him last? I shook off my tummy butterflies to the fact that I was getting sick thinking that Cole was fixing to throw a fit.

My palms are sweating as the cashier is ringing up my cart load. Cole's fine. I hand over my precious card and hope to God that there's enough in the account to cover my purchase. It's approved, yeah! On my way out I decide to get Cole some McDonald's because though I'm sure I fed him I can't for the life of me remember what it was. As soon as he sees me with the bag of food, he starts begging for it! He's shrieking, whining, and pleading, his little hand opens and closes as if to say, "Gimme". My poor poor child! I don't think I had fed my baby dinner. (Lady Etiquette will practice Gimmes with him when he's older and also not forgetting to feed toddler son).

Anyway, we're on the way home with a very happy son and my tummy still feels funny. I'm sure you're thinking I'm preggers, calm down people, that I am not I am sure of. Then Will calls me from Birmingham and he asks what I did all day. I told him I went shopping and I told him about a toy I bought for Cole and something for the computer, and I might have mentioned one or two more items. But I left it at that and he didn't ask how much I spent to I didn't divulge that information.

I felt guilty all that night and the next two days (that was because I shopped a little more). Finally, tonight, I fessed up and Will told me I might have to return some of the things but I had already set aside the impulse buys anyway. But he didn't get mad at all and I feel so much better to have gotten that off my chest! But all I can say is that it's his fault because I am sad and depressed that he's gone for a week! Also, the first night I didn't get much sleep because Cole woke up in the middle of the night and he slept with me. That was a first for him, he sleeps in his crib all night long since he was days old. He was sad too and I was so tired that my judgment was a little off. I guess it's time to hang up the bad girl belt for a while. Maybe Will will get his bonus this month????? Maybe I'll keep the belt handy....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails