Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I have been fighting a cold/flu for the last couple of days and I finally found a medicine that worked for me. NyQuil and DayQuil but those horse pills are still in my throat it seems! Gosh do they work like a charm though. I am hoping and praying that Cole and Will stay free of whatever it is I have. Cole has a big weekend, 3 birthday parties and of course, his own! He will be turning the big 0-2 on Sunday February 8th!

Having been busy planning Cole's birthday I completely overlooked the fact that Cole has 2 cousins that share his birthday along with a "birth buddy". By birth buddy I mean that his mom and I were good friends trying for two years to get pregnant. The day she called to surprise me with the fact that she was pregnant I had news of my own for her: I was preggers too! We were seeing the same OBGYN and it was pretty normal to wait in the lobby at Dr. Dyran's office for our check ups. Anyway, she went into labor 4 weeks early, I was 3 weeks early. We ended up in the hospital at the same time, but she had Jackson just a few hours earlier which made them a day apart. Anyway, so naturally Jackson and Becky hold a very special place in our hearts. Because of all the babies born on Feb 8th though there will be much planning going on in the future to try to coordinate birthday parties. Whew!

I just can't believe how quickly our little turd is growing. (That is a term of endearment-I don't know why Will and I just love that word!) This evening he ate 3 pieces of cheese, 1.5 tortillas, sour cream, an egg, and 1/2 a peanut butter sammie. He still wanted more! Will and I had a date night, we've both been sick and home and we needed to get out. When we got home Cole was being his usual self-at 10:30 p.m. and I was just amazed at how precious my baby boy was. I couldn't help but think that all I wanted and needed was sitting in that kitchen at that very moment. And all because 2 people fell in love! I can't thank my hubby enough for these precious precious gifts, Will and Cole.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails