Thursday, March 11, 2010

Pregnancy Story - part 1

Remember how I said that Cole has had what my mom calls "Mamitis"? It's when children are all whiney and clingy to their mommies. I described Cole's recent behavior in school and how concerned I was that something was up.

I dropped Cole off at school Monday morning (March 8, 2010) and spoke with his teacher. She too commented on Cole's recent behavior and teased if I might be pregnant. She urged me to visit Walgreens and just take a test. I was intrigued. Very intrigued.

But I waited. Aunt Flow was scheduled to come the following day and thought she might save me $15-she always did before.

Tuesday came. That was all that came all morning. His teacher's teasing kept going through my mind. I dropped Cole off at school and went next door to Walgreens afterwards.

Pregnancy test in hand, I walked out and wandered to Target. I looked at the pretty clothes and found myself in the maternity section. I wished I could shop there. Then I got sad and headed to my car and thought of all my friends who were praying for me, probably at that very moment as I should have been in bible study. I wanted to call them or text them and ask them to pray to be still my heart when I toook the test and got the results.

I cried in the Target parking lot and then my phone beeped. It was a text from Angela just saying hello. Ah, the timing! Angela, one of my many burden bearers and blog readers. So I told her I was sad and scared. And then I felt so much better.

I headed home to pee,...on a stick. There was no usual ritual, no thought about the results beforehand. I just peed. And voila! My stick had happy happy joy joy news! My stick told me I was pregnant. Seriously. Look!

Photobucket

Can you see it clearly? Here ya go again:

Photobucket

Stay tuned tomorrow for how I shared the news with Hubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails