Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Cool Songs...for Toddlers

I was watching Practical Magic a few days ago and I love love love the part where the girls have Midnight Margaritas to Coconut by Harry Nilsson. Cole happened to walk in and I was really into it. He thought I was weird but I soon got him singing along. I even managed to get him to replay it and sing it with me.

So on Monday he walks in as I am working away at the computer and says, "Mom I want the cool party song."

I about fall off my chair. I'm all proud of him. I whisk him up and hug and kiss him. He's such a party animal! I am such a proud mama! So I get on YouTube and find it and play it.



He gets pissed! Starts yelling "no"!

I'm all like "Yes, just wait....watch, wait for it, now....You put the lime in the coconut...."

"No! That's not the cool song!"

Yes. Yes. I think it is the cool song.

He insists those aren't the guys that were singing the cool song on tv. Ohhhh. Light bulb moment. Quite embarrassing that I was belting a margarita song and insisting my toddler love it. Apparanelty, he has horrible taste in music. Curse you Nick jr and Yo Gabba Gabba!!! He meant the Cool Pool Party by the Aquabats.

It really does suck this song. Have a look-see:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails