Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Silver Moons

I was just rereading an email I had replied to earlier and the realization hit me. Like it really really hit me,....we're having a GIRL!!!!! I just couldn't believe that I get to claim those three simple little words..."We're having a girl."

Wow. I'm not sure what I think it means for me. For us. But wow. What a stress reliever. Because I would be worried for the next few years that I may never have a girl. That the name we had staked for our daughter would never be able to be uttered by us for our own.

I think that Cole yearned for a boy though he was always happy to be told by me that it was a girl. He didn't want to disappoint me so he just insisted there were two in my belly; one for me and one for him. But he's excited now. Especially since we don't really ask him if he has a preference anymore. He understand it just is what it is.

Now Mimi (Will's mom), she's over the moon excited. She had two boys and Will's paternal grandmother had three boys. So the cards were stacked against us in her opinion. She finally gets her girl. It was so funny because Will's dad (Bop) is such a tough guy but he's really a big ol' teddy bear. When Will called him to share the news he was like "Let me guess; another boy." So I think secretly he's over the moon too to have his very own little princess.

Truth be told, we're all just over the moon. Gosh, I have so much shopping to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails