Friday, September 10, 2010

Praying for our Children

"Enable my children to bear all things, believe all things, hope all things, and endure all things."



Not sure if you have ever had the opportunity to read the book by Stormie Omartian, "The Power of a Praying Parent". It's a fantastic read. Because I prayed for my child (just one at the time) but I prayed that he would have a great day, that his cold would subside but I never really prayed for his future. And then a dear friend, Beckie H. told our group how she often prayed for the spouses of her children. She prayed that God would shape them and that they would know Him. She prayed for their teachers and their friends all before they ever met her children. I can't find the words she used but I just remember thinking how truly important it was that we pray for all the people that our children would one day encounter so that when our children do cross paths with them, they are filled with Him more. Also, I thought that what if, just what if, no one else had ever prayed for them?

Not long after, another dear friend, Dawn, suggested another book by Stormie, "The Power of a Praying Wife". I still have not bought the book but she gave me these daily prayer cards. I pull one out daily and leave it on my desk to remember to pray for my husband that day, and also so  that he sees it and knows that I am always praying for him. A client was over last night and she saw the cards sitting on my desk and rifled through them. She loved them and I think you will too. The quote above was actually the prayer for my husband, but I changed it up a bit so that I could also use it to pray for my children and their spouses.

Aanndd,....as I was on Amazon trying to find the links and I saw that Stormie had another book out for husbands...*hint *hint Babe.           

1 comment:

  1. Where did you get the prayer cards? I cannot find them anywhere!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails