Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I Hate mornings!

I had to go back to work today ya'll. I was somewhat sad and depressed. Those of you that know me know I hate to work even though my work is fun and I love the people I work with (they read my blog....I have to say that. Just kidding, I really do love them!). Don't get me wrong, it's just that I like sleeping in late, playing on the computer and of course, my favorite part of the day is getting to play with Cole and see him anytime I feel like it. If I could take Cole to work with me I think that would be great. Not really, but if I could have my own kitchen and living room and playroom and,...I guess a whole house, no make that a mansion with a pool, all within the school that would be great. Just the basics, that's all I need.

The worst part of it is that I made the choice to go back for 3 days this week as part of a campus improvement initiative. We are trying to disaggregate data and see how we can better serve our students. So it is a very good cause. It helps me be a better teacher and those kids need good teachers. So I was all sour faced and a bad-mooder this morning because I am just not a morning person and I was already making excuses to not return the next two days. Talk about a pessimist right? But after a while, I mean after I woke up, I was so happy that I had gone and decided that I would return. My faith in teaching and the power we have to shape people's lives was reinvigorated. We have a new principal and I have faith that she can lead us in the right direction.
*Warning: Tomorrow morning I will probably be thinking of reasons and justifications why I should not return again. This too will pass after about 10:00 a.m. until I can get back in the groove of waking up early.

Ok, so now I am super trooper tired and I better go to bed now because I have another painfully early day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails