Thursday, November 13, 2008

The High Road

I wrote yesterday in honor of my father because it was Veteran's Day. I can't remember if I mentioned that my father had a moral compass like I had never known. Still, it's rare to find someone with the qualities I admire in my father. Will, of course, but I wouldn't have married him otherwise-he had some pretty big shoes to fill.

Today I had thought about writing about some concerns I have about someone I love very much and who is very dear to me. But I thought about my father, and I knew that I just couldn't air it out like I might my laundry. Of all the things I thought about, all I could think was that such behavior would disappoint my father and went against what he taught us. I am taking the high road despite this overwhelming desire to share. Don't get used to it, this is a once in a lifetime thing!

So here I sit, with my thoughts all bottled up. This feels weird. How do people act so discreetly? I am a sharer. Oh, who am I kidding, an over-sharer.

You probably don't know this about me but I love quotes! I heard this quote and I wanted to share it with you:

"No boy is worth crying over, and the one who is, won't make you cry."

Thank you Gloria Ann for sharing it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails