Thursday, May 21, 2009

Kisses that Melt


I was on my way home today, flustered, defeated, beaten down, and I just wanted to cry. I was heading home to a child and hubby who so needed me and I was just spent. I just didn't think I had it in me to be mommy, to turn it all off and be someone else's everything.

I called my own mom, because even at 30, sometimes I just want my mommy! She comforted me. I called hubby's cell phone, and was greeted by a a cheerful "Hi Mommy!". It was Cole, and all my worries and insecurities melted away. Turns out I so needed them and that they were in fact my everything!

As Cole would say when I kiss his boo-boo, "all better now"....and I am. Isn't it just miraculous what a sweet wet kiss can do for the soul?

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Those comments and kisses come and go so quickly...you got to hang on to them tight!
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails