Saturday, September 12, 2009

Insatiable Appetite

Cole's appetite has been voracious. V-O-R-A-C-I-O-U-S I tell you! I told Will that maybe we should withhold food from him because I am not a fan of creating creatures of habit. That's why I never smoked pot, because it is habit forming and besides, if you don't know what you're missing, you have nothing to want. Seriously, Will and I had all these rules. Cole will never, under any circumstances sleep in our bed. Because once they do it once, they are ruint. That was what we used to say. We let him in one night about a year ago and he hasn't not slept in our bed since then. Now the only thing that is ruint is our sex life,...well in our own bed that is. HEE HEE {smirk-be careful where you sit....}.
Shopping carts too can be source of ruin. We never let him sit in the back and then one day his Nana took him to the store and guess what she did? That's right! She let him sit in the basket. What do you think happens now everytime we go to a grocery store? Ding! Ding! Ding! You are the winner! That's right... He screams and I have to walk around the store for a few minutes pretending everything is ok because if I don't hear or see him no one else can. Just act calm and collected when things are anything but! Fools everyone, right? Maybe? I sure hope so.
Point being that if we give in to his every demand for food, he will grow up eating like that and then weigh 500 pounds. But still, the voice of reason (Daddy) says he's probably going through a growth spurt and to be frank, I am happy he's eating. So we indulge him. This morning alone he ate:
3 hard boiled eggs
2 pancakes
yogurt
fruit
cereal

Last night he ate:
2 hard boiled eggs
steak
fruit
cheese stick
mac and cheese
Goldfish

So that isn't our only concern: I am running out of food to give him. He is eating me out of house and home. I thought that wasn't supposed to happen till they were in college....

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails