Sunday, September 20, 2009

Some good news and some bad news.

I was sooo tired last night but the stupid computer kept me up late - I feel a letter coming on:

Dear Computer,

You are not at all stupid. I am stupid for calling you stupid. I love you. I love you very much. You are my obsession. Please don't be mad, and crash, or slow down.


Love always (please, please, please),


Vannessa


So it was late when I got in bed. I was exhausted and I quickly fell asleep. About 45 min later, at exactly 1:13 am, I heard someone call my name. Like really clear and really near and in my ear. (I know that sounds like a Dr. Seuss rhyme but that was not intentional-just naturally brilliant I suppose). It sounded like my dad. I jolted up and looked around in the dark. Cole and Will were out, I mean O-U-T, snoring, both of them. Yay for me! So I got out of bed and I peed. I pee a lot at night. But luckily in the toilet, not in my bed sillies!

But seriously I was freaking out. I called Sissy. I was all emo and nervous as the phone rang. Heart disease, stroke, diabetes, blood pressure problems all run rampant in my family. So all the things that could have happened are running through my head and I am getting more and more paranoid. Sissy answers all groggy "Hello." So I tell her about my little episode and she says she's not home, she's spending the night at a friend's house. Shit! Here we go again.

I call my mom-who has 2 freakin' phones and NEVER answers any one of them. On the third ring she answers. I tell her about my dream or whatever and I ask her to go check on dad. They sleep in separate rooms because my mom is all menopausal and she needs the fans one minute and then she's all hot the next. That and she is wacko, much like me. So she says "He's snoring."

Thank God! The good news is, my dad was fine.

The bad news is, I don't have ESP.

That's my dad in the picture below. What a handsome feller! That ugly guy in the background and to the left is my cousin Ray. I would have cropped him out but it would have taken too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails